Ward Hadaway has kicked off 2019 in style after being awarded Firm of the Year in the Dispute Resolution category (outside London) as part of the Legal 500 UK Awards.
When it comes to disputes over intellectual property, swift action from experienced legal minds is a must.
We have a number of intellectual property specialists within our team who have expertise in disputes relating to trademarks, passing off, patents, copyright, confidential information and domain name issues.
Robert Glassford, Peter Hornsey and Tim Toomey lead the team.
Our team has experience of dealing with both the pursuit and defence of cases, including cases with an international element.
Disputes in this area are often dealt with on an emergency basis and we have the resources and experience to deal with applications for interim injunctions at short notice.
Our experience includes:
- Advising an IT company in a software copyright infringement claim, securing a successful settlement ultimately by negotiation
- Representing a company in the oil and gas sector in a multi-million pound international dispute relating to patent infringement. The dispute concerned entitlement to a European patent and proceedings were issued in a number of foreign jurisdictions
- Defending a major packaging manufacturer against claims of alleged infringement of registered and unregistered design rights
- Advising a large technology PLC on potential disputes relating to domain names and registered trademarks
- Successfully settling a substantial claim relating to confidential information, brought against our client by a large international company. This involved defending applications for interim injunctions
- Representing clients in relation to registered and unregistered trade mark infringement.
For further information on any of our services please get in touch.