Robert Glassford: an experienced and tactical litigator. Sound strategic approach backed up with robust legal analysis
Commercial / Insurance
- Advising public sector bodies in a range of contractual disputes, including (for example) a mental health Trust in a multi-million pound dispute arising out of an outsourcing agreement for IT services.
- Acting for a major supermarket in a substantial dispute relating to the repudiation of an insurance policy.
- Advising a large landowning client in relation to insurance related claims arising as a result of damage caused to third parties by flooding on its land.
- Acting for a property development company in relation to the negligent drafting of a development agreement.
- Acting in a claim multi-million pound claim against solicitors in relation to advice provided on the sale of a substantial hotel business.
Judicial Review / Public Law
- Representing a national housebuilder in a judicial review relating to the law of village greens to the Supreme Court.
- Representing a Housing Association in a judicial review challenging a Regulatory decision.
- NHS Trusts – acting in various matters relating to proposed developments, alterations to services, and other decision-making processes. For example, advising an NHS Trust in judicial review proceedings arising out of a decision to close a mental health hospital in York.
- Regularly representing land owners and house-builders usually as interested parties in judicial review litigation relating to planning decisions.
- Advising NHS bodies (CCGs and NHS Trusts) in relation to “Continuing Healthcare”.
Healthcare / PFI
Robert has considerable experience advising NHS Trusts in disputes with PFI companies and construction sub-contractors, including in adjudications and High Court proceedings.
Intellectual Property and Confidential Information
- Acting for a US client in a dispute relating to the ownership of an EUTM.
- Oil industry client – in multi-jurisdictional dispute involving misuse of confidential information, patent infringement and patent rectification claims.
- Representing a North East engineering company in patent infringement proceedings.