Clear and understandable advice always accessible Stuart Craig
Our expert team has an unrivalled breadth and depth of knowledge and experience, honed over years supporting our clients in both the public and private sectors, across the UK.
We work with NHS Trusts, GPs, CCGs, dentists and private healthcare organisations. From employment law to disputes, clinical negligence, construction, estate management, data protection, procurement, contracts and more, we have the understanding and experience to handle complex and sensitive matters with utmost experience.
So when you need experts in your corner with the knowledge and know-how to get the job done, securing the best outcome for you and your organisation, we’re here to help.
Preparation for Inquests and involvement in Public Inquiries can often be two of the most stressful and time-intensive areas for organisations in the healthcare sector.
We have a large number of experienced personnel who are able to assist and advise you in both of these complex, sensitive and often high profile areas of healthcare law.
- Advising in relation to Serious Incident investigations and reporting
- Advising on disclosure to the Coroner and/or the family
- Advising on the Duty of Candour
- Assessing the case to establish whether or not legal representation is in fact required
- Assisting the Trust with its response to any Regulation 28 report
- Assisting the Trust with press inquiries and the media
- Assisting to develop and action a management plan to address any issues that are identified before the Inquest, in order to avoid a Regulation 28 report from the Coroner
- Liaising with the Coroner
- Partaking in “Lessons Learned” sessions after the event
- Preparing a full report following the Inquest
- Preparing a preliminary analysis to assist requesting funding from NHS Resolution in appropriate cases
- Preparing witness statements on behalf of clinicians
- Supporting witnesses throughout the process
- Undertaking advocacy at Inquests
Healthcare organisations need specialist help and support when it comes to dealing with issues concerning mental health and mental capacity.
The issues involved in these matters are usually complex and sensitive.
Our team has extensive experience in providing NHS bodies with specialist legal advice in this area including:
- Applications to the Court of Protection
- Exceptional treatment and funding issues
- Living Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Mental health legislation relating to the Mental Health Act, Human Rights Act, Medical Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- Mental Health Review Tribunals
- Police investigations into serious offences
- Serious Incident investigations and reporting
- The capacity to consent to treatment and issues relating to patient discharge
- The handling of patient property, money and financial affairs
We recognise that the NHS operates 24/7 and so do we.
In order to support our clients, no matter what the time of day, they have access to our 24 hour hotline manned by our senior healthcare specialists to obtain speedy, authoritative and pragmatic advice.