We work with NHS in-house inquest and legal services teams from Acute, Mental Health and Ambulance Trusts, to support them and their clinical personnel through the entire inquest process. Our Inquest solicitors also offer services to private healthcare organisations, healthcare professionals and corporate/insurance bodies.
We have a highly experienced team of inquest lawyers on hand to provide responsive legal advice and court representation whenever required.
Our offices are situated in Newcastle, Leeds and Manchester. However, we act for NHS and healthcare clients across the country.
- Legal representation in the Coroner’s Court at inquests and pre-inquest reviews
- Handling complex Article 2, jury and multi-agency inquests
- Advice on disclosure of documentation to the Coroner and Interested Parties to the inquest
- Supporting clients and witnesses throughout the entire inquest process, including taking witness statements, attending pre-hearing witness meetings and supporting witnesses at the hearing itself
- Liaising directly with the Coroner and Coroner’s Officers on behalf of an organisation made a party to an inquest
- Considering inquest risk management and advising on likely Regulation 28 Prevention of Future Deaths (PFD) reporting issues, as well as steps to be taken to reduce the likelihood of a PFD report being issued by the Coroner
- Advising and supporting organisations through associated legal processes, such as police criminal investigations involving gross negligence and corporate manslaughter, family complaints, duty of candour, professional regulatory investigations and employment/disciplinary processes
- Providing training on all aspects of inquest law and practice, including preparation of a case for inquest, identifying gaps in evidence, ensuring all relevant disclosure and evidence has been submitted to the Coroner and guidance for witnesses on the rules of evidence in the Coroner’s Court.