Ward Hadaway offer a friendly service; they are interested in building relationships with the Trust’s claim team and the clinicians involved in litigation. They are happy to meet with clinicians in person which helps in supporting them through the claims process.
NHS organisations faced with such claims need the confidence, support and expertise of an experienced law firm with a track record of working in this specialist area.
We’re here to help. We draw on decades of experience supporting healthcare organisations throughout the UK, representing them in such matters. Risk management is at the forefront of our minds when dealing with any claims and inquests and we provide support every step of the way, from initial response through to hearings.
In addition to dealing with ongoing clinical negligence cases, we support our clients through dedicated, focused meetings to discuss clinical risk management, as well as delivering lectures and workshops on the best means of managing – and avoiding – such claims.
So when you need specialist legal experts in your corner, trust our legal experts, you’re in safe hands.
- Advising on and investigating complaints
- Managing cases from initial response to conclusion
- Mediation and other means of ADR
- Resolving cases promptly and with the use of counsel
- Selecting the best experts to advise
- Supporting clinicians as witnesses
- Using the best counsel where needed
- Advising on the production of responses to complaints
- Advising on issues arising as a result of claims, complaints or inquests or following a serious incident
- Advising on the preparation for inquests and identifying trends in issues arising from these
- Reviewing serious incident reports and advice on their disclosure.
- The provision of training and updates with regards to risk management issues
- Proactively seeking out learning from claims