The Supreme Court has now handed down judgment in Maguire which looked at the engagement of Article 2 in relation to those who lack mental capacity and rely on others for care and treatment.
We know that claims managers and health care practitioners face challenges managing and responding to the gamut of legal queries and cases that arise in their working weeks and we are here to help.
We have a committed, highly experienced team of Court of Protection solicitors who deal with a range of legal matters and can provide friendly, responsive advice and representation as and when you need it, whether that be in normal office hours or not. We have offices in Newcastle, Leeds and Manchester but we represent NHS clients country wide.
As well as advising NHS clients, our Court of Protection lawyers provide Health Advisory and Court of Protection services for commissioners.
- Mental Capacity Act care and treatment disputes and challenges to deprivation of liberty authorisations within the Court of Protection
- Applications for declarations under the High Court’s inherent jurisdiction (vulnerable adult and children care and treatment cases)
- Mental Health Act issues and cases concerning the interface of mental health and mental capacity law
- Consent and confidentiality issues including record disclosure and retention
- Policy and procedure reviews and policy drafting
- Serious untoward incident investigation, patient safety and risk management support
- Advice and support in respect of contentious complaints
- General advice services in relation to all aspects of health law and guidance
- Bespoke training programmes including our highly regarded Court of Protection Masterclass and Complaints and Conflict Management Training