Natalie is a Solicitor and has worked in the Employment team since 2017 and qualified as a Solicitor in September 2018.
Natalie can advise on all aspects of employment and business immigration law and provides practical, commercial solutions to clients.
In her role, Natalie undertakes a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious matters. These include:
- Advising on grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Undertaking and assisting with Employment Tribunal claims, including claims involving unfair dismissal, race, sex and disability discrimination, wrongful dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages, whistleblowing and disputes on overtime and holiday pay.
- Drafting contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, and bespoke policies.
- Dealing with TUPE enquiries and assisting the corporate department on due diligence
- Preparing and participating in training sessions ranging from general employment law case updates, to right to work checks for HR professionals, managers and business owners.
- Dealing with data protection issues such as subject access requests, drafting privacy notices and data protection policies and assisting clients with the implementation of the GDPR.
- Assisting with redundancy situations, including advising on procedure in collective redundancies, assessing employers’ liability, and providing advice on specific areas such as seasonal redundancy.
- Advising on settlement agreements and exit strategies.
Natalie also advises on immigration issues including:
- Helping businesses obtain sponsors licences to employ migrants.
- Helping individuals obtain visas such as the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa and the Tier 2 General visa.
- Dealing with nationality issues, settlement and citizenship.
- Advising on rights of free movement and the EU Settlement Scheme in light of Brexit.
- Advising companies on how to prevent illegal working including carrying out proper right to work checks.
- Auditing and helping businesses to ensure that they fully comply with their sponsor duties.