Melissa Munday is able to do difficult work under considerable pressure. Nichola Evans can marshal a lot of material and gives good advice.
Our specialist disputes team has huge experience across a range of sectors and understands how contracts work; the typical commercial issues at play; and most importantly how to devise a strategy to best achieve your objectives.
We seek to help in a timely and cost effective way, offering clear and straightforward advice. Rest assured you’re in safe hands.
- Acting for a group of local authorities in a dispute with a major waste recycling business regarding a proper interpretation of their respective obligations under a long term contract for the recycling of waste.
- Acting for a food packaging company in a claim for losses arising out of a supply of defective goods. The claim was funded by after the event legal expenses insurance and settled on favourable terms.
- Acting for a major drinks supplier in successfully defending attempts by its tied estate to break their beer tie.
- Acting for commercial agents and their employers in claims arising out of breaches or terminations of agreements governed by the Commercial Agents Regulations.
- Acting for a vehicle rental company in litigation by an international car manufacturer relating to alleged monies owing under a distributorship agreement, successfully resolved via mediation.
- Representing a farming business on a breach of contract action arising out of a diseased herd of cows and the loss of a farm livelihood, resulting in a successful negotiated settlement.