We are extremely pleased with the quality of the advice, support and work that Ward Hadaway have carried out for us. They always support us to hit any deadlines we have to achieve.
Our breadth and depth of experience within these sectors, means we can use our expertise to act as an extension of your team, truly understanding your business needs and supporting your national and international ambitions.
Our integrated team of specialist intellectual property, employment, corporate and commercial property lawyers ensure you receive clear-headed advice and dynamic solutions, to secure the best outcomes for your business.
A member of the Advanced Manufacturing Forum,(and other bodies such as the Chamber of Commerce, the CBI and NOF Energy) we draw on sector insights and extensive experience supporting manufacturing and engineering businesses throughout the UK, representing them not just in Britain but across the globe.
Focusing on your specific requirements and sector, we have significant experience advising businesses on contracts and disputes with suppliers, international financial arrangements, export guarantees, trade control restrictions and competition law. We can also help with joint ventures, outsourcing agreements, distribution arrangements, agency agreements or third party transactions, negotiating acquisitions and disposals, raising finance or preparing to go public.
So when you need specialist legal advice, focused on protecting your interests and supporting your commercial ambitions, you’re with trusted experts.
Work we have done
- Acting for a leading local manufacturer in the negotiation of a long-term supply agreement with an international technology company, including off-shoring of certain production elements to the Far East
- Advising a producer of protein, “meat free” and cereal products in relation to joint venture and manufacturing agreements
- Advising a Tier 1 automotive industry manufacturer in connection with the establishment of a Turkish joint venture for the purpose of expansion through outsourced manufacturing in a low energy cost environment.
- Advising a UK subsidiary of an Israeli owned chemicals group in relation to engineering contracts and group re-organisation.
- Advising an industrial pump manufacturer in connection with a range of transitional services agreements arising out of the disposal of non-core business divisions.
- Assisting an innovative soft drinks manufacturer in relation to appointment of distributors
- Acting for one of the UK’s largest food and non-food retailers in property damage related multi-party product liability claims and recoveries.
- Advising a food manufacturer in relation to quality issues arising in respect of the sauce they supply to a national restaurant and food chain
- Advising a major food manufacturer following the supply of frozen onions from Poland that resulted in batches of stuffing balls with plastic strands in them
- Advising a major UK based turbine manufacturer in connection with power engineering contracts in the UK and overseas
- Advising a marine pipeline engineering business in connection with several contractual disputes concerning delays and loss
- Advising an offshore engineering consultancy in connection with issues arising from extension of time and delay issues affecting FPSO facilities
- Advising in relation to a multi-million pound claim against an engineering company relating to the negligence advice relating to the repair of a collapsing dockside
- Providing advice to a north east based multi-national car manufacturer in a range of legal matters including the enforcement of restrictive covenants and advice in relation to the termination of high value supply contracts
- Representing a manufacturer in respect of a contractual dispute relating to the supply of mechanical and digital robots designed to automate manufacturing lines
- Representing a manufacturer of commercial weighing scales in its successful resolution of a dispute with a national supermarket
- Representing a number of clients in large engineering mediations in the UK in respect of both loss and expense and extension of time claims and defective design and workmanship
- Representing a wind turbine manufacturer regarding their purchase of defective components from a third party supplier, and particularly as to the metallurgy composition and tolerance levels within the metals and the accuracy of their fabrication
- Representing an engineering consultancy in its successful defence of a multi-million pound international arbitration relating to allegations of negligent oil jetty design
- Running a multi-million pound claim in respect of defective powder mixing and packing plant equipment
- Successfully defending a multi-million pound warranty claim following the sale of an animal feed factory
- Advising a multinational chemical manufacturer on competition law risks created by cost plus pricing in a major supply agreement
- Advising a motor vehicle manufacturer on a development consortium backed by EU funding
- Advising a films manufacturer on manufacturing and research and development collaborations including advising on individual exploitation in separate fields of use
- Advising a consumer goods manufacturer on the management of its selective distribution systems at the wholesale and retail levels of trade
- Advising A-Belco on the acquisition of Opsol UK
- Advising Action Can on its sale to CRC Industries
- Advising Bacofoil on its sale to Melitta
- Advising Buffalo Group on the acquisition of Open Date Equipment Ltd
- Advising Business Growth Fund on its investment in Altec Engineering
- Advising Chargepoint on its acquisitions on Forac Limited and Aghoco 1472 and the investment by LDC
- Advising Crop Energies on its acquisition of Ensus bioethanol plant
- Advising Enterprise Ventures on the investment into Refrigerant Solutions
- Advising Express Engineering on the acquisition of assets of SPEX Production Limited
- Advising Express Engineering on the investment by LDC
- Advising Hardy and Greys on the sale of the company to Pure Fishing, Inc
- Advising Holchem on the acquisition of Merlin Chemicals and Imperial Janitorial Supplies Limited
- Advising ITM Soil on the company MBO
- Advising Jemtec on the acquisition of business of the Morgan Thermal Ceramics Fired Shapes division
- Advising Monitor Coatings on its joint venture with Cardale Garage Doors and its sale to Messer Cutting Systems
- Advising Optare on its share placing
- Advising the shareholders of Unika Group on the sale to IPS Adhesives LLC
- Acting for a plastic fabrications manufacturer on the cessation of production at their UK production site in the UK, and the resulting 64 collective redundancies
- Advising a County Durham food manufacture on the full range of day-to-day employment issues including contracts of employment and settlement agreements
- Advising a regional ice-cream manufacturer on contracts of employments and performance and disciplinary issues
- Advising numerous manufacturing clients on the treatment of overtime and holiday pay / commission, including negotiations with trade unions
- Advising numerous manufacturing clients on changes to hours and shift patterns
- Advising a joint venture partner in connection with development of novel subsea engineering technology
- Advising a UK engineering business in connection with a patent dispute surrounding a design for a large plant coupling device including issuing patent proceedings against the infringing party and then defending an attack on the client’s patent by the defendant. This claim was successfully concluded, forcing the defendant to abandon his defence, pay our client’s costs and take an intellectual property licence from our client
- Advising an engineering business in connection with claims related to copyright of design right infringement by former employees