He is a great support to the business, and we value his input and the commercial advice that he provides us.
Jamie has a diverse range of clients but has particular experience in advising in the following sectors:
- Care homes and domiciliary care
- Leisure and tourism
- Out of hours GP services
- Third sector organisations
As well as advising clients on day-to-day employment issues, Jamie has a great deal of experience in dealing with: employment issues arising from mergers, acquisitions and the outsourcing / insourcing of services (including TUPE transfers and restructuring exercises); collective consultation exercises; drafting directors’ service agreements; advising on the removal of directors and senior management; and complex discrimination issues.
Projects on which Jamie has advised include:
- Advising a joint venture on the TUPE issues involved in the setting up of a regional 111 outsourcing contract.
- Acting for a major car manufacturing on the outsourcing of logistics and call centre operations.
- Acting for a European manufacturer on the restructure of its UK senior management team following its purchase of the UK company.
- Acting for many clients (particularly charities in the tourism and domiciliary care sectors) on the use of flexible contracts of employment and the use of casual workers.