They offer unparalleled legal knowledge and advice to clients at critical moments during disputes providing practical effective solutions including unparalleled litigation expertise.
Our team has an outstanding reputation in this field with a proven track record on how best to frame, or respond to, any required challenge. This includes advising and resolving disputes for government bodies, and regulated or licensed authorities carrying out public functions.
As part of a full-service firm, you’ll benefit from the advice of our planning team, dealing regularly with applications relating to planning decisions, land and resource use, and environmental issues.
Our experience extends to representing clients at all levels of the court system to the Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights. Trust us to uphold your rights, with your very best interests at the heart of our strategy.
- Acting for and advising various local authorities, NHS trusts and other public bodies in relation to all aspects of their decision making processes. For instance:
- Acting for a mental health Trust in a challenge to a decision to close a mental health hospital in Yorkshire.
- Representing Nottingham City Council in the high-profile “Building Schools for the Future” litigation.
- Acting for Inclusion Housing in a High Court challenge against the Regulator of Social Housing.
- Advising in relation to challenges to decisions relating to continuing healthcare for children.
- Advising a judicially reviewable body in relation to challenges to immigration visa endorsement decisions.
- Representing a national house builder in a judicial review relating to the law of village greens to the Supreme Court.
- Acting for a mining company as an interested party in a high profile judicial review brought against the grant of planning permission for a new deep coking coal mine in West Cumbria.
- Representing private individuals or organisations in relation to decisions taken by public bodies, including in the health, education and immigration sectors.