Melissa Munday is able to do difficult work under considerable pressure. Nichola Evans can marshal a lot of material and gives good advice.
We have a wealth of experience acting for Claimant Policyholders and Insurers. We regularly handle complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FSA) and follow-on actions against relevant professionals, including insurance brokers.
Our experience includes acting on a range of disputed insurance claims arising from the denial of liability and policy avoidance by insurers. We have particular experience of business interruption claims.
Whether you operate in the public or private sector, rest assured our team of insurance dispute experts will fight your corner, offering straightforward advice and guidance at every step.
- Acting for Pride Valley Foods in its claim against various insurance and construction professionals. The first part of this multi-million pound claim involved issues of non-disclosure by Pride Valley’s broker and related insurance issues such as waiver and reliance, which resulted in a reported Court of Appeal decision.
- Advising on policy coverage and potential waiver issues in relation to a major fire at a pharmaceutical company.
- Acting for a cleaning business in successfully contesting Insurers declinature because of alleged non-compliance with a warranty following a fire.
- Pursuing a successful claim against a firm of solicitors in respect of their failure properly to advise on and obtain sufficient legal expenses insurance for litigation.
- Acting for a number of Lloyds Insurers in a range of technology related claims providing advice on policy coverage and the merits generally.