Kerry specialises in delivering contractual, corporate and commercial advice to public sector clients and organisations contracting with the public sector with expertise across education, local government and health sectors.
Kerry advises on a range of procurement and contractual matters, outsourcing, operational PFIs and strategic and governance issues. She has experience of advising clients with the conduct of their procurement exercises from inception through to evaluation and contractor selection in compliance with EU regulations and the UK regulatory framework.
Her expertise includes use of frameworks, drafting bespoke documentation, advice in relation to the use and adaptation of standard suites of contract documentation, transaction due diligence, project management, negotiation and advice in relation to governance and compliance requirements. Kerry has spent a year in-house with a client who operates a commercial port, advising on complex contract and commercial matters and procurement law, so has first hand experience of applying the law within a commercial environment.
She has also provided in-house legal support on a secondment basis, providing advice on an extensive range of contract and strategic commercial issues to a client providing a range of services to the public sector.
Kerry’s experience includes:
- providing advice in relation to the operation, variation and refinance of PFI schemes
- advising clients on complex, high value procurement exercises for capital projects and specialist services including pharmacy and IT services
- providing advice and assistance on a range of procurement issues and adhoc enquiries from public sector clients including in relation to procurement challenges
- advising NHS organsations in all types of commercial and contractual matters including capital projects, partnering agreements, outsourcing arrangements and tendering exercises
- managing complex multi-party transactions, including joint ventures between public/ private bodies
- advising on 13 transfers of community services to new organisations under the Department of Health’s Transforming Community Services programme
- advising on a number of Building Schools for the Future (BSF) projects including advising Telford Borough Council on their second wave of BSF projects
- advising on traditional and multi-academy conversions including complex projects involving PFI