We are impressed by Ward Hadaway’s experience in our field of business and very pleased by having the firm as CLS’ legal advisor in the UK.
Our team of legal experts has extensive experience of advising businesses in all aspects of this complex and fascinating sector.
We’re here to help. With our specialists’ deep understanding of the economic and policy environment in which your customers and partners – notably the NHS – operate, we will support you throughout this journey, providing tailored legal solutions and ensuring you make the most of the opportunities available.
Our diverse range of clients includes research-based and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors; suppliers of over-the-counter and veterinary medicines; university spin-out companies; medical device manufacturers and suppliers of healthcare informatics.
We also act for international life sciences businesses and can guide you as you expand your sales in the UK and beyond.
On the corporate side we act for venture capital funds and investors which specialise in life sciences and also advise founder teams and investee companies taking such funding, from pre-seed/seed capital for start-ups through to Series A investment and beyond for more established businesses.
In our commitment to this sector we have established close links with a number of regional science parks and we are active members of Bionow, the award winning business development and services company at the heart of the biomedical and life sciences sector in the North of England.
With our full spectrum of legal services, solid reputation and 360 degree knowledge of the sector, you can be confident that the advice you receive is the cutting edge, helping drive your business forwards.
- Advising a UK-based international pharmaceutical wholesaler and distributor in relation to various matters, including distribution arrangements and shareholder exit
- Advising an in-vitro diagnostic solution provider on patent and patent infringement questions
- Advising a specialist manufacturer on a range of commercial agreements including non-disclosure, product development, logistics and supply, and regulatory (Misuse of Drugs Regulations)
- Advising a specialist manufacturer on the launch of a new product including trials agreements, supply chain agreements, distribution agreements and IP protection
- Advising various manufacturers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals and speciality chemicals on competition compliance
- Acting for a specialist manufacturer in the registration of a number of trade marks for their generics and specials products and advising on a number of commercial agreements and, in particular, on intellectual property issues.
- Acting for an in-vitro diagnostic solution provider in negotiating technology transfer agreements with a number of businesses involved in the provision of assay analysis equipment, involving the licensing of various technology and the provision of a range of other training and support services.
- Acting for a University in the establishment of a joint venture company with a Foundation Trust which offers a rapid DNA and RNA based testing service to NHS, private sector, pharmaceutical sector and research institutions.
- A pharmaceutical business in relation to product acquisitions and their potential agency arrangements with an existing supplier
- Generics suppliers in relation to product acquisitions, licensing and distribution arrangements
- A new generics supplier in relation to their start up, investor and shareholder arrangements
- A diverse pharmaceutical group, including CT and supply, in relation to various reorganisations
- Lawyers to the GM and Cheshire Life Sciences Fund, based at Alderley Park, Cheshire, in its numerous investments in life sciences and medical device companies, including, Blueberry Therapeutics, Proveca, Biorelate, Microbiosensor and Gendius
- Acting for a number of other regional funds and angel investors with special focus on this sector
- Providing corporate services, from initial investment through to Series A and beyond to numerous investee companies in this sector, including medical device developers and biomedical businesses
- Acting for UK business on being appoint the exclusive distributor for cosmetic and pharmaceutical products
- Acting for client on the development and manufacture of new eyecare and optical products, along with a supporting new business model.
- Acting for a supplier of diagnostic equipment on termination of its contract with its Scandinavian distributor and resulting claims, resolved via negotiation
- Acting for a US supplier of medical packaging on ownership of intellectual property rights and recovery of damages from a UK company
- Acting for a leading global supplier of safety equipment on various disputes, often involving an international element