Jamie is a partner in the Employment Team at Ward Hadaway and has specialised in employment law since 2002.
Jamie is experienced in handling claims in the Employment Tribunal and is an experienced advocate.
Jamie has a diverse range of clients but has particular experience in advising in the following sectors:
- Care homes and domiciliary care
- Leisure and tourism
- Out of hours GP services
- Third sector organisations
As well as advising clients on day-to-day employment issues, Jamie has a great deal of experience in dealing with: employment issues arising from mergers, acquisitions and the outsourcing / insourcing of services (including TUPE transfers and restructuring exercises); collective consultation exercises; drafting directors’ service agreements; advising on the removal of directors and senior management; and complex discrimination issues.
Projects on which Jamie has advised include:
- Advising a joint venture on the TUPE issues involved in the setting up of a regional 111 outsourcing contract.
- Acting for a major car manufacturing on the outsourcing of logistics and call centre operations.
- Acting for a European manufacturer on the restructure of its UK senior management team following its purchase of the UK company.
- Acting for many clients (particularly charities in the tourism and domiciliary care sectors) on the use of flexible contracts of employment and the use of casual workers.