Melissa Munday is able to do difficult work under considerable pressure. Nichola Evans can marshal a lot of material and gives good advice.
Such situations call for strong strategic and commercial thinking from professionals who have experience of handling high stakes company and partnership disputes.
Our disputes and commercial team has a wealth of this expertise. Resolution outside a court is always the preferred strategy and we’ll help assess and find a potential solution to the issues arising. This includes, given these disputes are often bitterly contested, devising innovative strategies utilising expert determination, mediation and other alternatives, designed to achieve a favourable result where possible.
Should litigation be required, our experienced team can take the strain, offering straightforward, expert advice, fighting you corner at every step.
- Acting in a dispute between shareholders claiming in excess of £1million. The case was resolved by settlement, achieving a significant financial payment to the client together with his costs
- Acting in a partnership dispute between solicitors, resulting in a contested trial at which the client was successful
- Acting for a group of business partners who successfully excluded a member of the partnership based upon performance even though the partnership agreement was inadequate to deal with the issue
- Acting for a minority shareholder who was sacked as an employee and eventually agreed a settlement some three times the size of the original offer made
- Acting for the minority shareholder in a shareholder dispute who eventually took control of the company without the need for litigation
- Acting in a multi-million pound partnership/LLP dispute which resulted in the partnership being dissolved and the LLP being placed into administration and its assets realised
- Successfully acting for the directors and shareholders of a Football League club in relation to a hostile takeover bid by a minority shareholder