They offer unparalleled legal knowledge and advice to clients at critical moments during disputes providing practical effective solutions including unparalleled litigation expertise.
When that happens, it is vital to have an experienced team to fight your corner. Not least because tricky legal issues arise such as limitation, the exact cause of the loss and contributory negligence.
Our team has an outstanding reputation in this field, predominantly supporting claimants against solicitors, accountants, surveyors, insurance brokers, engineers, project managers and other professionals.
Rest assured you’ll have the right team on your side. Our reputation is based not only on our legal expertise and results, but also our experience in finding alternative funding solutions for clients often placed in huge difficulty because of professionals failings. We understand how professional indemnity insurers operate and you’ll also benefit from our experience in mediation, adjudication and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
If you think you’ve been wrongly advised, our friendly team is here and ready to help with clear, straightforward advice and guidance.
- Acting for a wealthy individual in a multi-million pound claim against Accountants/tax advisers in relation to negligent tax advice and the failure to disclose secret commissions.
- Acting for Newcastle Airport against Eversheds, where the Court of Appeal found that solicitors retained to draft contracts between the company and its directors breached their duty of care by simply carrying out the instructions of the directors.
- Acting for a waste recycling business in successfully recovering substantial damages from its insurance broker following a catastrophic fire and declinature by its Insurers of policy cover
- Acting for beneficiaries of a trust in a claim against solicitors who advised the trust. The case was funded by after the event legal expenses insurance and resulted in the recovery of substantial damages for the beneficiaries
- Acting for major lenders in numerous claims against solicitors and valuers
- Acting for a sports club in a claim against its insurance broker for failing to obtain adequate Contents and Business Interruption cover
- Acting for a company in a claim against engineers in respect of advice given in relation to dredging activities in the vicinity of a dock, which subsequently collapsed. This case involved complex issues of expert evidence and quantification
- Acting for a large pharmaceutical supplier in a claim against its insurance brokers in respect of negligence in the placing of the client’s fire insurance, which was repudiated by insurers following a devastating fire
- Pursuing a successful claim against a firm of project managers for negligent advice on polystyrene filled panels in a factory. The claim proceeded in the Technology & Construction Court in London and involved two successful Court of Appeal hearings before a successful settlement was achieved
- Representing a commercial client in a claim against its auditors/accountants relating to advice given in relation to a HMRC investigation