Imogen Holland and her colleagues Richard Butts and Clare French are permanently available to our queries. Often working into the twilight hours to ensure that we as their client are satisfied and on track. Their approach is aligned with ours and the relationships that have formed over the years ensure that an in-depth understanding of our requirements are considered at every juncture.
You want specialist advisors in your corner, who understand your world and who go the extra mile, every time. We’re here to help.
High street banks, building societies, venture capital funds, private equity funds, independent financial advisors and individual investors chose our approachable, multi-disciplinary team because they know we deliver.
Our commercial understanding has been built over decades, and our experience covers a range of different financial sectors, including banking and finance matters for institutional and private lenders.
From multi-million pound refinancing to early-stage investment, we approach every project with the same commitment to quality and client care. So if you’re looking for straightforward, expert advice, that provides you with the confidence to make the right decisions, talk to us.
- Acting for a national bank in amendment and restatement of facilities to a property group. This is the sixth instruction from the bank in respect of this connection demonstrating the strength of the relationship.
- Acting for this new banking client on £9,200,000 term and overdraft facilities made available to Marantomark Limited to refinance existing borrowing, repay intercompany debt and assist with refinancing costs. We advised upon the terms of the offer letter and the security structure which included debentures and legal charges. The firm also prepared reports on title over the two sites held by the Borrower and operated as care home facilities. In addition to reporting upon the property, we also reported upon the local authority income generating contracts from which the Borrower would service the debt working to the Bank. As the Bank’s legal team are fairly new to the sector the firm also advise upon usual requirements including in respect of insurance and the options available to the Bank in this regard.
- Acting for a Bank in its facility to Vision Investments One Limited to refinance existing debt made available to develop Manchester Hall. We advised the Bank on the offer letter and security including a debenture, legal charge and a personal guarantee. The firm also advised upon complex priority arrangements with a junior lender. Our real estate and construction team prepared a report on title and advised upon construction matters given the recent development of the site and as a result collateral warranties were assigned to the Lender.
- The firm acted for an investment company in respect of its investment into Broadband Satellite Services Limited when this entity refinanced with a national bank. Our role in this transaction was to review, report upon and negotiate the facility agreement with the bank from the investment company as sponsor’s point of view which included ensuring that change of control provisions not being invoked where swamping rights were enforced by the sponsor and ensuring fees and interest etc. could be paid. We also produced the form of subordination deed entered into between the investment company and bank as funders to the Group. The firm’s role also extended to amendment to the terms of the existing loan notes held by the investment company in the borrowing group.
- Acting for a national bank in its funding to Aspire Healthcare Limited in respect of its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Applegarth Healthcare Limited. The firm’s role included preparing and negotiating a LMA form of facility agreement, preparing security documentation, producing a report on title and reviewing and reporting upon the sale and purchase documentation and legal due diligence. The transaction involved an existing borrower therefore all existing security was utilised to secure the new debt and existing facilities were amended.
- Acting for a leading pub group on the refinancing of its debt with a bank prior to the secondary buy out of the group by a private equity company. The team then acted for the client on raising £10m of further finance with the same bank to support its expansion. The team has acted for the Group in its drawdown of development facilities to refinance its development at newly acquired sites. The team prepared reports on title and construction documentation including step in rights for the funder. We also recently completed another acquisition for the group which was funded by way of debt funding from the bank and equity and debt funding from a private equity company.
- Acting for a capital market company in its loan to One North Property Limited. This involved preparing the loan and security documentation, reporting on title and reviewing construction documentation and dealing with the satisfaction of CPs. As the firm has worked with the company over a considerable period on this fund, the documentation has developed to assist in protecting the company given the risks in a real estate development project and the firm has separately advised generally on step in rights and security on tran
- Acting for a utility provider and its private equity owner in the defence of claims by a shareholder and beneficiary of Loan Notes