With an ever-changing landscape, it’s never been more important to seek clear, professional advice; a legal partner with the expertise to get it right first time, giving you the confidence to move forwards with your business.
Our knowledgeable, multi-disciplinary team delivers everything you expect from a Top 100 law firm and our practical, commercially-focused advice is designed to ease the running of your operations.
From property leases to securing licenses, employment issues to contracts, if you’re expanding or downsizing, our expert team has considerable experience in the acquisition and disposal of stores, hotels, pubs and other businesses in the sector. And if you need external funding, our experienced finance team can advise on development and acquisition finance.
With leisure operators increasingly under the spotlight from licensing and regulatory authorities, you will have the reassurance of a national leader, providing pragmatic, commercial guidance, fighting your corner if things get tough.
Whatever your needs, if you operate in the leisure sector, trust our expert team; we’re here to help.
Work we have done
- Advising The Bannatyne Group on the acquisition of LivingWell health club chain from Hilton Hotels Corporate
- Advising Bannatyne Group on various acquisitions on behalf of the Group
- The property team, along with corporate colleagues, acted for a pub and hotel group on the acquisition of 12 hotels. This involved the settling of the acquisition documentation (whether asset purchase or share purchase), undertaking all due diligence, liaising with the clients funders, reporting and completion.
- Advising on the sale of a Travelodge hotel investment and adjoining hotel development by way of a development funding arrangement to the same institutional plc investor. In connection with the sale/development funding we:
- prepared and negotiated the sale documentation and negotiated and settled the forward funding agreement
- dealt with the investor’s extensive due diligence requirements
- settled step in arrangements
- participated in the discharge of the conditions subject to which the agreement for lease referred to above was granted including planning conditionality and conditions requiring the acquisition of other land to provide the required parking
- liaised with our construction team in the setting up and entering into all the required construction documentation including building contract and collateral warranties
- Acting for a large holiday park provider on break notice and dilapadation advice.
- Acting for a leisure group on service charge, dilapidations and forfeiture claims and general property litigation advice.
- Acting for a brewery on possession claims.
- Acting for an airport on a freehold covenant enforcement dispute.
- Acting for an airport on various ’54 Act renewals and general property litigation advice.
- Acting for a brewery and pub company on a dispute over access issues with Costco and National Highways.
- Acting for a brewery on possession and general property litigation advice.
- Advising and representing Malmaison and Hotel Du Vin in all of their licensing applications, including for new premises throughout the country.
- Advising and representing Harbour Hotels, Dominus Group, ICG and many other hotel operators.
- Representing Tomahawk Steakhouses and Rio Steakhouses in all of their licensing applications throughout the country.
- Advising and representing Lane 7 throughout the country.
- Representing English Heritage in over 300 licensing applications nationally.
- Representing TGI Friday in all of their licensing applications nationally.
- Representing Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club (a Premiership club) in several areas.
- Advising the Inn Collection Group on all day-to-day employment support as well as advising on implementing changes to terms and conditions of employment, temporary closure of sites for refurbishment, accommodation provision to staff and immigration issues.
- Acting for The Bannatyne Group, the nationwide gym, spa and hotel chain with all employment support.
- Advising Alnwick Garden on all employment matters including businesses reorganisations and changes to terms and conditions.
- Acting for Northumberland Estates on a wide range of employment issues including contracts with seasonal workers, business reorganisations, and manager training.
- Providing Woodhorn Charitable Trust with a wide range of employment support including reorganisations and TUPE advice.