Ashleigh’s experience includes:
- Acting for both small and large commercial organisations, including assisting in a complex, high value multi-party breach of contract claim for an international manufacturing client arising from the supply of defective products.
- Advising a global white goods manufacturer in relation to a high value fitness for purpose claim.
- Acting for a public sector client in the successful settlement of complex claims relating to the provision of soft facilities management services. This involved an extensive multi-day mediation with multiple parties.
- Professional negligence claims against accountants, valuers, solicitors and other professionals.
- Acting for a national bank in relation to the negligent overvaluation of properties which was relied upon for the lenders’ commercial lending decision.
- Representing leading businessman in a high value claim against accountants and financial advisers relating to negligent advice on tax planning arrangements.
Intellectual Property Disputes
- Advising a manufacturer client in relation to a design infringement dispute in the High Court against multiple defendants which successfully settled prior to the costly exercise of Disclosure.
- Acting for an international client in relation to the ownership of goodwill and an EUTM.
Contested Probate Disputes
Ashleigh has extensive experience acting on behalf of private individuals, families, charities and trustees in contested probate disputes including actions brought under The Inheritance (provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Cases include;
- Representing a private individual in a successful proprietary estoppel claim against a high value estate.
- Acting for an executor and beneficiary in successfully defending three linked claims to trial, involving a challenge to the validity of the Will and claims that family members had not been reasonably provided for.
Acting for various charity beneficiaries in the successful settlement of a claim against the estate for reasonable financial provision pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.