Neil is an Associate in the Construction and Engineering unit at Ward Hadaway.
He advises both private and public sector clients on negotiating construction documentation including building contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties, novations, bonds and guarantees.
Neil also advises in relation to construction-related disputes, and has experience in a wide range of different forums including litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation.
Neil’s experience includes acting for:
- A national supermarket chain in relation to the construction of a number of stores;
- A national park authority in relation to the development of a new flagship visitor centre;
- A college in relation to the construction of a new campus;
- An international manufacturer in relation to both a letter of intent and contract for works at its head office;
- A car dealership on remediation and construction contracts for sites across the north of England;
- A fire service in relation to the development of a joint emergency services facility to be used by the fire service, police, ambulance service, and mountain rescue;
- A developer in relation to the £30 million construction and £85 million sale of commercial premises;
- A manufacturer in relation to the construction of a £20 million warehouse and associated works;
- The developer in relation to the construction of an £8 million hotel for a national hotel chain;
- An NHS Trust in relation to the demolition of a hospital;
- The employer in the construction of a £5 million biogas energy plant;
- A funder in relation to the construction of a £30 million residential development;
- Both contractors and funders in relation to wind farm developments;
- Both employers and contractors in relation to contracts for remediation and associated works to sites for residential and commercial developments;
- A number of national developers in relation to multi-million pound developments around the country;
- A number of funders in relation to a variety of commercial developments;
- A local authority in a series of multi-million pound adjudications and mediation regarding a flagship leisure complex;
- A national building materials supplier in a multi-million pound dispute settled by mediation;
- An NHS Trust in relation to a £10 million-plus dispute regarding a fire at a recently opened hospital;
- An NHS trust in litigation and mediation relating to the installation of air conditioning plant at their head office;
- A fire service in a successful adjudication regarding delay, disruption and defects claims for works at a training facility;
- A developer in a dispute with their neighbour regarding the presence of Japanese Knotweed on our client’s land and its effect on the sale of the neighbouring property;
- A client involved in a dispute with the Coal Authority over mining subsidence;
- A supplier in relation to a dispute over the use of their products in the London Crossrail project;
- A number of small businesses and individuals in the successful resolution of construction disputes.