Neil Williamson is technically sound, reliable, makes himself available, is supportive and commercial, and easy to use.
Google ‘construction law uk’ and you’ll find a confusing range of providers. Our team of specialists has experience across the sector – all in one place. From commercial to education, housebuilding to civil engineering, healthcare to leisure, retail to residential, mixed-use to industrial, public to private; our construction team understands the world of construction in all its many guises. Think of us as your in house construction law firm.
This means you’re assured of a sharp commercial focus, value for money and a drive to get the job done on every project we work on. Whether you’re working in the private or public and third sectors, our construction lawyers have the experience to deliver. From procurement and project set up to contracts, project support, health and safety, compliance and, if things go wrong, claims and disputes, our construction solicitors have got you covered.
With an unwavering commitment to client objectives and clear focus on solutions, working with our experienced team of building lawyers, you can be assured we’ll get the job done, and then some.
- Acting for a national design and build contractor on a development project in London valuing £212.5m, which comprises:
- A concrete frame PRS residential accommodation block of up to 18 storeys and comprising 188 new homes, retails units and basement car park
- 3 concrete frame PRS residential accommodation blocks of up to 17 storeys, providing 553 new homes
- A 312 bedroom, 13 storey Premier Inn
- Acting for a University in the £70 million construction of a new student accommodation development comprising 6 accommodation blocks and ancillary construction
- Advising a national property development group on a large number of hotel, office, student accommodation and residential developments throughout the UK, including:
- 375 apartments within a residential block of 37 storeys, 223-bed Premier Inn hotel, a 6,000 sq ft Bar + Block restaurant, 7,500ft of retail space and undercroft car parking spaces – value circa £110m
- A 6 storey, 533-bed purpose-built student accommodation development – value circa £102m
- Redevelopment of a historic Grade A-Listed building to incorporate a 300 bed four-star hotel and 162-room Aparthotel – value circa £90m
- A 17 storey, 278 bedroom hotel for a joint venture between two developers – value circa £47m
- A 250 bed hotel, six serviced apartments, a residential block of 23 one-bed and studio apartments, co-working space, and retail units – value circa £40m
- Acting for a national developer in relation to the £30 million construction of a new commercial development in Manchester city centre, comprising both office and retail space.
- Acting for a national developer on a redevelopment project in Scotland valuing £84m which comprised of:
- The construction of 200,000 sq. ft. of new Grade A office space over two buildings, connected by a double height link bridge
- 2 hotels, a Hub by Premier Inn (the first to open outside London) and a Premier Inn, both providing 300 bedrooms
- A 6 storey, 146 bedroom hotel
- Acting for Newcastle Science Central LLP, a joint venture between Newcastle City Council and Newcastle University, in relation to development agreements and construction contracts for the development and construction of a number of new teaching facilities, commercial space and residential units at the site
- Acting for Northumberland National Park Authority in relation to the construction of a new flagship visitor’s centre and youth hostel in a location of historical significance on Hadrian’s Wall
- Acting for a college in drafting and negotiating the construction documents for the £30 million construction of a new campus and the substantial refurbishment (including new-build and renovation aspects) of an existing campus
- Acting for a fire service in drafting and negotiating the construction documents for the development of a joint emergency services facility to be used by the fire service, police, ambulance service, and mountain rescue
- Acting for a local authority in a series of multi-million pound adjudications and mediation regarding defects and payment issues relating to the construction of a new flagship leisure complex