Ward Hadaway has kicked off 2019 in style after being awarded Firm of the Year in the Dispute Resolution category (outside London) as part of the Legal 500 UK Awards.
Insurance disputes require exceptionally careful handling, particularly since they often involve considerable sums of money.
Our unit has a wide experience of insurance-related cases, from the perspective of either an insurer or an insured.
We advise on a range of policies including fire insurance, health and life insurance, professional indemnity and legal expenses insurance.
We regularly deal with issues such as non-disclosure, warranties, policy coverage generally, disputes relating to risk requirements and under insurance.
We deal with disputed insurance claims on behalf of business and private clients.
Tim Toomey also has extensive experience advising Lloyds underwriters specialising in professional liability insurance for IT and technology companies.
Our experience includes:
- A team led by Ian Collinson acted for Pride Valley Foods in its claim against Independent and various insurance and construction professionals. The first part of this multi-million pound claim involved issues of non-disclosure by Pride Valley’s broker and related insurance issues such as waiver and reliance, which resulted in a reported Court of Appeal decision
- Advising a local company on non-disclosure and waiver issues in relation to an insurance policy covering legal expenses
- Advising on policy coverage and potential waiver issues in relation to a major fire at a pharmaceutical company
- Advising underwriters on policy coverage and the merits of a claim by a national government agency against a supplier of IT goods and services
- Pursuing a successful claim against a firm of solicitors in respect of their failure properly to advise on and obtain sufficient legal expenses insurance for litigation
- The successful enforcement of an insurance policy by the insured following an unjustified rejection of its claims by the insurer
- The successful recovery of substantial fire losses from the insured’s broker who had been responsible for material non-disclosures
For further information on any of our services please get in touch.