Melissa Munday is able to do difficult work under considerable pressure. Nichola Evans can marshal a lot of material and gives good advice.
Our financial services and pension disputes team can help protect your financial future, dealing with high value disputes relating to the financial services industry and pensions.
We have a wealth of experience in analysing and pursuing claims relating to issues including the provision of inadequate investment advice, including £multi-million disputes. We work with SMEs, individual investors, private trusts and public sector organisations.
Our team regularly handles complex complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman (FSA) and, in appropriate cases, court proceedings relating to such claims.
Whatever your financial issue, let our expert team take the strain, delivering straightforward and clear advice.
- Acting for a manufacturing client in defence of a claim by the Pensions Regulator to impose a financial Contribution Notice upon it;
- Acting for on individual director in defence of a claim by the Pensions Regulator following the insolvency of a manufacturing business;
- Acting for a local authority in a claim against its investment managers and custodian bank in respect of losses incurred following the collapse of Lehman Brothers;
- Acting for a number of private trusts and individuals, often with a foreign element, in claims for negligent investment advice resulting in substantial out of court settlements;
- Acting for a number of SMEs in respect of the mis-selling of interest rate swaps;
- Acting for over 400 individual investors in bringing complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman, resulting in successful findings in favour of our clients and a multi-million pound settlement in total;
- Acting for holders of SIPPs and SSASs in actions against the trustee companies for not acting in the best interests of investors when failing to advise on high risk investments; and,
- Currently acting on a multi-million pound action against a well-known investment house relating to negligent investment decisions.