Steven is a Partner in the Company and Commercial team. His practice covers a wide range of commercial clients, from sole traders to PLCs, advising on contractual matters and corporate governance issues.
Steven has substantial experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts for clients of all sizes. He has particular expertise negotiating in complex, long-term outsourcing contracts, having acted on projects valued at over £850m in recent years. Steven is highly regarded by clients for his practical commercial approach to contract negotiation. Projects he has advised upon include:
- Acting for a market-leading PLC in the negotiation of a long-term outsourced services, valued at over £300m;
- Acting for a prominent local manufacturer in relation to a long-term multi-million pound contract dealing with the supply of high-tech electronics components; and
- Acting for a leading local manufacturer in relation to the establishment of an international network of agents.
Steven also has considerable experience of corporate governance issues in relation to companies and partnerships and regularly advises on the regulation of relationships between shareholders, directors and partners. Relevent experience in this area includes:
- Advising an international manufacturing and engineering group in relation to a multi-jurisdictional group re-organisation;
- Carrying out a complex re-structure of a business initially established as an enterprise development agency;
- Acting for a leading financial services organisation in relation to the re-organisation of their group of LLPs; and
- Acting for two directors of a successful marine engineering group in relation to the settlement of shareholder dispute, and a subsequent sale and re-organisation of equity within the group.
Steven also specialises in pensions matters, in particular in relation to public sector pensions, advising both admitted bodies and administering authorities. He has acted for a number of years as a lead adviser on the firm’s engagement as retained legal adviser to a large local government pension scheme.