Andrew is a partner and heads the Manchester Property team at Ward Hadaway.
Andrew acts for commercial property developers, lenders, investors and occupiers both regionally and nationally based, including PLCs, private companies and individuals.
His exposure during the course of his career to many high value and complex property deals has seen him develop excellent project management and structuring skills, able to advise on all aspects of the life of a property asset, with a particular specialism in development and finance.
Andrew’s understanding of the key drivers and concerns surrounding property transactions means that his clients look on him as a dedicated and trusted extension of their own internal teams, adding value quickly and staying involved on a daily basis, driving solutions and managing expectations.
Andrew takes pride in a no-nonsense and commercially driven approach, and regularly facilitates carefully selected introductions and opportunities for clients and contacts.
Andrew also hosts bespoke workshops and seminars for his business network.
Andrew has been based in the North West commercial property market with a national reach since the mid-1990s, with particular specialism in development projects and in investment & development finance.
Andrew advises across a broad range of sectors including retail, financial services, housebuilding, office, leisure, industrial, mixed uses, construction, planning, regeneration and environmental.
Andrew’s work includes:
- Development of Commercial, Residential and Mixed Schemes
- Commercial Sales & Purchases
- Lending & Finance for Commercial & Residential Schemes
- Investment & Asset Management including Landlord & Tenant
- Sale & Leasebacks / Capital Raising
- Joint Ventures
- Portfolio Deals
- Corporate Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Transaction Project Management
Some recent projects Andrew has advised on include:
- £42m investment sale of Matalan warehouse premises in the North West;
- Site acquisition and lettings, funding and investment sale for convenience retail and mixed developments around the North West including city centre;
- Lettings and refinance of retail and industrial development in Exeter;
- Various multi-million pound residential development finance for numerous large sites in and around the North West;
- £19m refinance of commercial industrial development in the North West;
- £14m refinance of commercial investment property in the North West;
- £10m refinance of residential property investment portfolio in the North West;
- Ongoing portfolio lease acquisitions for national high street retailer; and
- Relocation of Eurocamp to new leasehold headquarters in the North West.