The individuals I work with at this practice are engaging, professional and attentive, they are always available to discuss matters at great length and conscientious in everything they produce. I have far more confidence in the advice provided than have encountered with other practices; they also make themselves available for a simply discussion, matters outside of the scope for general advice. Irrespective of knowing they have multiple clients and dealings, you always feel that the right time is allocated to your particular matter, something again which is not obtained elsewhere. Sophie Bohill and Julia Thomson are my main contacts at this practice; the above comments specifically relate to my sometimes daily interactions with these ladies who are genuinely amazing and work well outside the normal 9-5.
We’re here to help. Our experienced team of commercial development lawyers are on hand to provide practical, focused solutions at all stages of the process. From your initial idea, through to acquisition and site assembly, planning, funding and investment, to the engagement of a construction team and the eventual sales or lettings of properties.
With decades of experience in the field, we manage the interests of developers, buyers, funders, investors, tenants, occupiers, public sector bodies and stakeholders. Our team operates in many sectors of development, including housebuilding, office, retail, manufacturing and industrial, mixed-use, energy, health, leisure and hospitality.
Depending on your specific needs, we tailor multi-disciplinary teams to suit individual project requirements, comprising of specialists in property and real estate, planning, construction, property litigation, corporate and tax, as needed.
You can also access our in-house chartered town planners and plans technicians to provide bespoke assistance with development schemes. And if it’s significant strategic development and regeneration projects you have in mind, we can support on that too.
Whatever your needs, our expert, multi-disciplinary team can help you make your development project a reality, taking care of every detail.
- Advice in relation to choosing the most appropriate vehicle for your development venture, such as LLP, REITs and LPs
- Advice in relation to collaboration and joint venture arrangements
- Advice on infrastructure agreements
- Construction documentation
- Estate set-up advice/choosing the right legal structure for your development
- Negotiation of building/ground leases
- Negotiation of conditional land purchase agreements, options, pre-emptions and planning promotion agreements
- Negotiation of development agreements and funding agreements
- Negotiation of overage/profit share arrangements
- Onward/forward sales and lettings
- Planning advice
- Site assembly and site acquisition, including by compulsory purchase and appropriation
- Tax advice