NORTH East businesses need to start preparing now for the impact of Brexit – or risk getting left behind.
For businesses in the pharmaceutical and healthcare technology sectors, success depends on developing innovative products and securing markets for those products.
In times of constrained healthcare budgets, it is increasingly important to deliver a compelling product at a price that gives you access to the market while ensuring your business is sustainable.
Achieving this balance while managing a supply chain, funding the product pipeline and navigating stringent sales and marketing regulations make this a complex and fascinating area of business.
At Ward Hadaway, we understand these operational and strategic challenges.
We have worked with (and within) businesses in all parts of the sector to provide them with tailored legal solutions.
Our lawyers have experience of advising research-based and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors; suppliers of over-the-counter and veterinary medicines; university spin-out companies; medical device manufacturers and suppliers of healthcare informatics; funders and investors.
We assist and advise a range of businesses working in the healthcare and medical technology fields including manufacturers and developers of medical devices, research companies and specialist investment firms.
Importantly, we also have a deep understanding of the economic and policy environment in which these businesses’ customers and partners – notably the NHS – operate and we use our in-depth knowledge and expertise to assist clients to make the most of the opportunities available.
We offer a full legal service and expertise tailored to the requirements of the sector and focused on providing the best outcomes for your business, whatever its stage of development.
- as you expand your sales in the UK and beyond, our commercial team can work with you to identify the optimal routes to market, to protect your intellectual property and to minimise legal risk by negotiating contracts with your suppliers and customers.
- if you are seeking growth through acquisition or additional financing, or considering an exit strategy, our corporate specialists will guide you through the options and manage the transaction to deliver your objectives.
- if you need advice on regulatory matters, or are facing a potential investigation or litigation, our specialist lawyers on hand to help at short notice.
Whether you require additional, ad hoc support for your in-house legal team or a full-scale commercial legal service, we can provide what you need, when you need it.
Our services include advice on:
- Banking and finance
- Competition Law
- Environmental regulations
- Health and Safety
- Intellectual property and trade marks
- International trade
- Joint ventures
- Licensing agreements
- Raising capital
- Reorganisations and restructures
- Research and development collaborations
- Site acquisition and disposal
- Workforce issues
For more details on how we can help you, please get in touch.