CONCERNS raised by Ward Hadaway pensions lawyer Tristan Mander in written evidence to an influential Parliamentary committee may lead to new legislation on workplace pensions.
The arrival of auto-enrolment means that all employers of all sizes are having to get to grips with pensions.
Our pensions team has already helped large and medium-sized employers through the process of planning for auto-enrolment and are advising many small employers on how best to deal with the technical complexities and financial pressures involved.
We can provide a timely, commercially focused service covering a range of issues including:
- Arranging contractual enrolment into existing arrangements
- Checking existing pensions arrangements for qualifying scheme status
- Communicating with employees
- Identifying eligible employees, in particular where smaller employers rely on “self-employed” or “zero-hour contract” business models
- Implementing salary sacrifice
- Preparing a plan for compliance
- Dealing with instances of non-compliance, with our Regulatory and Litigation teams
Early preparation for auto-enrolment can really help when it comes to implementing and managing your company’s scheme.
We have conducted well-received seminars on the practical issues that arise which are not governed or the guidance – and we can help with administrative pitfalls.
And with auto-enrolment set to cover all employers over the next few years, this is something which you really cannot afford to put off.
For more details on how we can help you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.