Ward Hadaway has kicked off 2019 in style after being awarded Firm of the Year in the Dispute Resolution category (outside London) as part of the Legal 500 UK Awards.
When taking action in professional negligence cases, it pays to have an experienced team to fight your corner.
Our team has a proven track record in the field of professional negligence.
Our practice is predominantly claimant-based and we have a wide experience of claims against solicitors, accountants, surveyors, insurance brokers, engineers, project managers and other professionals.
We provide structured and pragmatic advice, which focuses on the aims of the client.
We promote the use of the pre-action protocol in professional negligence cases, which encourages pre-action negotiation, and have extensive experience of a variety of alternative dispute resolution methods.
We regularly advise on common issues such as limitation, causation and contributory negligence.
Our experience includes:
- Acting for beneficiaries of a trust in a claim against solicitors who advised the trust. The case was funded by after the event legal expenses insurance and resulted in the recovery of substantial damages for the beneficiaries
- Acting for major lenders in numerous claims against solicitors and valuers
- Acting successfully in a claim against engineers in respect of advice given in relation to dredging activities in the vicinity of a dock, which subsequently collapsed. This case involved complex issues of expert evidence and quantification
- Advising a large commercial client on a professional negligence claim against its former lawyers. The case involved complex issues around liability and causation
- Advising a large pharmaceutical supplier in relation to a claim against its insurance brokers in respect of negligence in the placing of the client’s fire insurance, which was repudiated by insurers following a devastating fire
- Pursuing a successful claim against a firm of project managers for negligent advice on polystyrene filled panels in a factory. The claim proceeded in the Technology & Construction Court in London and involved two successful Court of Appeal hearings before a successful settlement was achieved
- Representing a commercial client in a claim against its auditors/accountants relating to advice given in relation to a HMRC investigation
For further information on any of our services please get in touch.