We have used Paul and the team for many years for complex HR issues, but traditionally we bought into an HR service from an employer's federation for day to day advice. We moved to HR Protect because, as a fast moving manufacturing company, we need our advice to be immediate and commercially focused. The support we have had from Paul and (especially) Hollie has been fantastic.
We recognise that the advice you seek will often be sensitive and highly personalised, and by taking the time to understand you and your unique circumstances, we can help you find solutions to difficult situations that are in line with your commercial objectives and culture.
Our team has the experience to provide support to organisations from start-ups and SME’s to major national and international PLC’s on:
- Day to day HR advisory support in areas such as sickness absence management, disciplinary and grievance guidance and drafting of contractual documentation
- Ongoing strategic support on business critical and sensitive internal issues such as restructurings, discrimination/whistleblowing complaints, equality & diversity, TUPE/outsourcing, and conducting external independent investigations
- Complex and contentious disputes such as defending employment tribunal claims, restrictive covenant/confidentiality breaches and senior executive/director exits
By taking a proactive approach we help you identify risks at an early stage and build on this with regular, accurate advice in your best commercial and strategic interests. By doing so, we look to limit reputation and financial damage to you and your organisation. One of our most popular risk management solutions is our HR Protect package. For a fixed cost, every month, you can access unlimited employment law advice, find out more here.
- Disciplinary and grievances
- Performance and capability
- Contracts of employment
- Service agreements
- Secondment agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Company handbooks/policies and procedures
- Settlement agreements
Experienced CIPD-qualified HR professionals will take the worry out of any day to day staffing issues you may encounter such as disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings, carrying out mediation for interpersonal disputes, absence management and training as well as offering advice and guidance on good practice on the full range of HR solutions. The service allows businesses without a dedicated HR department to take a professional, cost-effective approach to staff management and allows hard-pressed HR teams valuable additional support. Many of these services can be delivered as part of a fixed-fee monthly package, adding a reassuring element of financial certainty to the situation, or as a one off project to address a specific business need.
- Senior executive exits
- Equality & Diversity
- Collective and individual consultation
- Post-termination restraints and team moves
- Changes to terms and conditions
- Independent internal investigations
- Equal pay
- GDPR and subject access requests
- Trade Unions and Works Councils
- Industrial action balloting, strike action and Central Arbitration Committee (CAC) applications
- Employment status
- Employment tribunals (ET/EAT/Court of Appeal/Supreme Court)
- Restrictive covenant and confidentiality breaches (County/High Court)
- Senior executive/director dismissals
- Strike action and Central Arbitration Committee (CAC) applications
HR Protect clients receive all the employment law advice they need across the year, delivered by experienced specialist solicitors, at a single fixed price. To complement this, we have developed a hub that gives you access to up-to-date, legally-compliant policies, procedures, contracts, letters and company handbooks, as well as topical insights for your team’s learning & development. Click here to visit the hub.