Earlier this month, one day ahead of the end-of-season Super League Grand Final, our Manchester and Leeds partners hosted a very special lunch at Albert Square Chop House in Manchester.
We’re passionate about the power of sport, from the amateur to the athletic, the commercial to the charitable. And as a firm, we support sport of every kind, personally and professionally.
We also understand that running a sporting enterprise requires more than just a commitment to train or a mandate to engage. Sometimes you need the support of knowledgeable legal experts to help achieve your goals. We’re here to help.
Our team has experience across the board when it comes to supporting teams, owners, athletes, funders, NGBs, charities and intermediaries operating in the sporting arena.
From advising elite sports clubs to creating a charitable foundation; whether building a new stadium or agreeing sponsorship arrangements; when exerting ourselves to raise money for charity or commentating for our favourite ice hockey team, we’ll always give you 100% effort and total commitment.
We’re trusted because we understand the power of sport – to bring people together, to enhance communities, to improve health and wellbeing – as well as its commercial potential. You want to achieve your best and we’re here to help enable your journey, through specialist, commercial and practical advice you can rely on.
- The development and extension of top class facilities at well-known racecourses
- Advising multiple professional football clubs on premier league and football league standard contracts for players and coaches
- Advising on the disciplinary and dismissal of various professional footballers and coaches including advice on FA rules and FA disciplinary procedures regulating football
- Working with a mass participation sports event organiser on creation and negotiation of sponsorship agreements
- Advising on various commercial agreement drafting / negotiation for both suppliers and sports clubs, including the FA and a New Zealand rugby club
- Advising on the acquisition of a North East football club
- Advising a local greyhound race track on a media rights agreement for broadcast of races
- Acting for a fragrance manufacturer in preparing and negotiating a worldwide licence of the right to sell fragrances under the Cristiano Ronaldo brand
- Acting for a North East rugby club on a dispute with a global sporting brand
- Acting for a football club in relation to its application to become a charity
- Acting for a Premiership Rugby Club on negotiation of sponsorship and kit agreements
- Registration and management of trade mark registrations for a Premiership Rugby Club
- Advising on corporate governance obligations for Sports England funded bodies under the Code for Sports Governance
- Acting for various unincorporated associations and clubs in regard to constitutional rules and regulations, and incorporation
- Providing personal advise including: divorce, prenuptials, issues around children, financial disputes, wills and estates, road traffic offences, specialist pensions advice
- Represented Newcastle United at Premier League proceedings regarding Club legend Peter Beardsley