Robert Glassford and Lucy Cleghorn have been very personable and professional at all times.
Lucy’s experience includes:
- Partnership disputes – including acting in a for a partner in a long running family wholesale business and property letting portfolio. This complex and high value claim required complex factual and legal analysis of partnership and property related issues. An excellent result was ultimately achieved for the client at mediation; Further partnership disputes including one in relation to a farming partnership and various GP partnership disputes.
- Insurance – claims against insurers and brokers involving complex insurance related issues including breach of warranty and non-disclosure along with related professional negligence claims against insurance professionals. Lucy was part of the team which represented the successful claimant in the High Court case of Maritsave Ltd v National Farmers’ Union Mutual Insurance Society  All ER (D) 12 (Jul).
- Insurance – Acting for a large insurer client (along with their insured) on various IT related disputes which fall for coverage under the insureds’ PI policies. Including advising on policy and coverage issues and analysis of complex contractual issues.
- Privy Council Appeals – Acting on a numerous Privy Council Appeals for overseas clients when either bringing or defending claims. Lucy’s extensive work in this area means she has an in depth knowledge of the specialist rules and procedure governing appeals to the Privy Council along with a strong working relationship with the Registry, ensuring that clients’ appeals run as smoothly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Breach of Directors’ duties – Advising a large Housing Association in relation to a complex claim against a former member of its executive team for breach of directors’ duties involving various Regulatory issues.
- Contractual disputes – Acting for a major provider of outsourcing services in a dispute about termination and step-in rights in connection with a large financial institution
- Professional negligence – Acting on a complex and high value claim by a private individual against a solicitor and barrister.
- Advising a large land owning client in relation to a multi-million £ negligence/nuisance claim caused by flooding and the consequent collapse of a culvert. The matter involved providing assistance and advice to the client over a number of years, handling and liaising with insurers in relation to a substantial number of complex insurance claims both as Claimant and Defendant.