Kamran Hyder has exceeded expectations in terms of providing intelligent insight and being forward-thinking when anticipating scenarios and recommending the right course of action.
Kamran’s relevant experience includes –
- A deep understanding of the extent to which climate change considerations may legitimately form part of the decision making process and acting as the key legal adviser in relation to a widely reported land mark decision addressing the question of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with a proposal and the perceived impact given rise to the Government’s net zero target.
- Acting for house builders from both the public and private sectors and advises on a number of major housing schemes from the perspectives of developers, landowners and local authorities.
- Providing strategic planning advice to national house builders on the delivery and integration of affordable housing and has presented seminars on the topic to Registered Providers and the Association of Chief Legal Officers.
- Advising the promoters of large scale infrastructure projects such as the New Tyne Crossing and the Intersite Bridge that spans the Central Motorway in Newcastle and led on the planning advice that secured the delivery of the flagship Newcastle Science Central.
- Providing key advice on planning and highway matters in relation to the delivery (nationwide) of the Government’s school building programme. His advice spanned projects for redevelopment, new build and refurbishment and extended to advice on government policy guidance and design standards
Kamran is regularly called on by professional bodies such as the RTPI and RICS to present seminars on planning law has been asked to contribute to articles in the planning and legal press. He also edits the firm’s speed read that regularly summarises major developments of planning case law and reform.