Video: The Stonewater decision – what does it mean for affordable housing delivery?
2nd December, 2021
With the High Court recently ruling that Registered Provider Stonewater is liable to a community infrastructure levy bill of more than £3m, our built environment specialists pick through the pieces.
Featuring a panel including representatives from social housing providers Bernicia and Leeds Federation, our planning and land acquisition specialists introduce the discussion by briefly taking us through such questions as:
- What is the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and do Registered Providers have to pay it?
- What is CIL Social Housing Relief and (briefly!) how does it work?
- What did the Stonewater decision say about Social Housing Relief?
- Is a Registered Provider still free to overprovide affordable housing from a site and what does this mean for the future of affordable housing delivery?
- What impact will this have on the way we structure land acquisition deals?
Please note that this briefing is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.
This page may contain links that direct you to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.