Charlotte is a legal director specialising exclusively in employment law. Charlotte has over 12 years' experience of acting predominantly for employers within the private sector, with particular experience in the manufacturing, leisure & hospitality, tech, storage and care sectors.
Charlotte advises clients on a range of general day to day issues including discipline and grievance issues, performance management, sickness absence, and redundancies/ restructuring. She also provides strategic advice on complex issues relating to contractual disputes, TUPE issues and executive exits.
Charlotte has significant experience in corporate support matters, and will regular advise on, and negotiate, employment provisions arising from the sale/ purchase of a business, together with complex outsourcing arrangements. Charlotte also regularly provides training on employment law matters both internally, and externally.
Charlotte prides herself on being a trusted adviser to her clients and takes time to understand their business, identify their objectives and offer a range of solutions, dependent on their approach to risk.
Charlotte has experience in dealing with a broad range of employment matters including:
- Advising on the handling of sensitive and complex grievances including allegations of gross misconduct against a number of senior executives in relation to sexual harassment claims
- Providing strategic advice on large restructuring exercises, redundancies and collective consultation obligations
- Successfully negotiating the exit of director level employees from a range of clients across multiple sectors
- Advising a large ink manufacturer on a significant staff re-organisation, redundancy process and variation to terms
- Advising on a number of complex TUPE transfers for a variety of clients, including advice on disputed transfers, and pre transfer redundancy consultations
- Drafting directors’ service agreements