Lucy is an Associate in the commercial litigation team based in Ward Hadaway's Newcastle office.
Lucy has experience in a wide range of commercial disputes in a number of sectors and disciplines including professional negligence and contractual disputes for individuals and businesses of all sizes.
- Acting for the client company and majority shareholder in a complex case relating to disputed shareholdings in a start-up venture involving innovative media related computer technology.
- Enforcement of earn-out provisions in a sale and purchase agreement relating to the sale of a telecoms business.
- Insurance – claims against insurers and brokers involving complex insurance related issues including breach of warranty and non-disclosure along with related professional negligence claims against insurance professionals. Lucy was part of the team which represented the successful claimant in the High Court case of Maritsave Ltd v National Farmers’ Union Mutual Insurance Society  All ER (D) 12 (Jul).
- A professional negligence claim for a national bank against a firm of solicitors.
- A breach of contract/negligence claim against a firm of consultant design engineers.
- A high value contractual claim for a national supermarket pursuant to breaches under a design and build contract which resulted in a favorable settlement at mediation.
- Negotiating favorable settlement terms for a client in a complex claim pursuant to a deed of indemnity and a sale and purchase agreement.
- Successfully defending at trial a claim for payment under a loan agreement on the basis that the document was a forgery.
- Immigration – successfully contesting UK Visa & Immigration’s decision to revoke Tier 2 Sponsor licence resulting in full reinstatement.
- Involvement in a number of cases which have involved mediation.
- Acting as Privy Council Agent in appeals before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.