James is a Partner in the Corporate team with over 12 years of experience of acting for private and public companies, as well as limited liability partnerships, on an extensive variety of matters including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, IPOs & fundraisings, investments, reorganisations and restructurings.
He is experienced in advising clients with different requirements in terms of size and structure, across a range of corporate services operating in a broad spectrum of industry sectors, including healthcare, energy and infrastructure.
- True Potential on the private equity investment by FTV Capital
- PD Ports in connection with its acquisition of Groveport
- The sale of Bacofoil to Melitta
- Applied Graphene Materials plc on its IPO
- Express Engineering on the private equity investment by LDC
- CNG Group on a number of acquisition mandates
- SHG Care Villages in respect of the receipt of investment by Business Growth Fund and its acquisition of the York Chocolate Works
- Springfield Home Care Services on a series of acquisition mandates
- Keech Limited on the management buy-out of Michael Lewis Solicitors
James was named as a Dealmaker of the Year in the 2014 Finance Monthly Dealmaker of the Year Awards for his role advising on the sale of Bryan G Hall Limited.