Robert [Thompson] and his team at Ward Hadaway gave superb support and advice to use throughout the sale process – it was very reassuring to have them on our side.
As practitioners, you know what separates an excellent service from a merely satisfactory one.
We work hard to ensure that the advice we deliver to our professional service clients meets the high standards they set for themselves.
Working in partnership with accountants, surveyors, architects, providers, consultants and fellow lawyers we combine a commercial focus with a cross-disciplinary approach, to tackle the whole spectrum of issues faced by the professional services industry.
So when you need legal advice, trust our experts, you’re in experienced and capable hands.
Work we have done
- Advising True Potential of the sale of significant minority stake to FTV Capital, valuing business at £150m
- Advising True Potential on the acquisition of Graeme Dacre Limited
- Advising the LHD Group on the acquisitions of DFS and Clamonta
- Advising Seacurus Ltd on the sale of company to Barbican Group Holdings
- Advising Neil Hudgill Solicitors on the acquisition of Rapid Response Solicitors Limited
- Acting for a large pharmaceutical supplier in its claim against its insurance brokers in respect of negligence in the placing of the client’s fire insurance, which was repudiated by insurers following a devastating fire
- Pursuing a successful claim against a firm of project managers for negligent advice on polystyrene filled panels in a factory. The claim proceeded in the Technology & Construction Court in London and involved two successful Court of Appeal hearings before a successful settlement was achieved
- Acting successfully in a claim against engineers in respect of advice given in relation to dredging activities in the vicinity of a dock, which subsequently collapsed. This case involved complex issues of expert evidence and quantification
- Acting for Newcastle Airport against Eversheds, which successfully established that solicitors owed a duty of care to provide separate advice to explain the terms and effect of executive service contracts to the wider board of the Company and to its remuneration committee
- Acting for a high wealth individual in the recovery of damages from his accountants following negligent tax advice
- Acting for a waste recycling business in successfully recovering substantial damages from its insurance broker following a catastrophic fire and declinature by its Insurers of policy cover
- Representing a commercial client in a claim against its auditors/accountants relating to advice given in relation to a HMRC investigation