Hollie advises employers in the public, private and third sector from start-up businesses through to charities and multinational corporations. Hollie has a special focus on advising charity clients working closely with chief executives and trustees.
She regularly provides pre-dismissal advice in often complex situations, closely supporting employers when issues arise including situations involving disciplinary matters, grievances, performance issues, family friendly rights, sickness absence, discrimination, contracts, settlement agreements, restructuring, redundancy and TUPE.
Hollie also has experience in handling employment tribunal claims and conducts her own advocacy.
Hollie works with a wide range of clients but particularly in the following areas:
- Charities – Hollie has a special interest in advising charity clients and often provides advice to a range of charities on topics such as grievances, redundancies (often linked to changing funding arrangements) and employee relations. Hollie has provided advice on NMW issues (particularly prevalent in the care sector) and the status of trustees. Advice is often provided through our HR Protect package, the fixed price is particularly attractive to charities.
- Sports industry – Hollie has advised a number of clients in the sports industry including football clubs, cricket clubs and football educational establishments.
- Local authorities – Hollie has supported local authorities on a range of topics including a contentious exit of a chief executive.
- SMEs – Hollie works with a range of SME clients. From start-ups to growing businesses, Hollie provides regular advice to businesses of all sizes.
- Housing – Hollie has advised client’s in the housing sector for years and has close relationships with a number of clients in the sector providing day to day employment advice on a range of topics.
- Education – Hollie is a member of the specialist education team advising employers in the education sector.
- Corporate transactions – Hollie assists the corporate team on employment matters in corporate transactions. From reviewing due diligence to preparing employment related documentation, Hollie assists throughout the transaction and beyond.
- Offshore companies – Hollie advises a number of national and international clients on employment law considerations for offshore companies.
Hollie represents clients in tribunal matters in a range of topics regularly including conducting preliminary and final hearings and has recently succeeded in a 3 day hearing dealing with indirect sex discrimination and unfair dismissal.
She also provides training on a broad range of employment issues. Hollie presents regularly at the North East HR Forum.
Hollie has a strong focus on providing a high level of service to clients, having come from a background of working in the hospitality industry for a number of years. Hollie’s clients can expect commercial advice delivered in a clear, concise manner on time. She prides herself on becoming an extended member of your team.
Hollie is a Chair on the FA’s National Panel for Serious Cases adjudicating on misconduct matters in football.