LAWYERS from Ward Hadaway’s Energy Group advised JFS & Associates, one of the UK’s leading biogas developers in connection with the development of an industrial scale food waste scheme in Yorkshire.
Our team has extensive experience advising clients on the full range of issues arising from projects involving pyrolysis, gasification or simple combustion.
Usually relatively complex construction and engineering projects, we have the expertise and knowledge required to help clients identify, address and where possible transfer risks, in a practical and experienced manner.
As well as thermal projects, we have advised clients in connection with landfill gas schemes nationwide, including installation and operating matters relating to the same.
We also work with feedstock providers in connection with domestic and export fuel markets for RDF and SRF.
We have been involved in projects in both the public and private sectors, and have a deep understanding of the technology, construction, operation and regulatory risks that affect the viability of projects.
Our team works with a range of contractors, funders, technical and professional advisers and developers to ensure that we fully understand the sector and its challenges.
Examples of our team’s work in this sector include:
- advising public authority in connection with the procurement of a 25 year residual waste PFI scheme, incorporating a MRF waste pretreatment facility, 28.5MW EfW CHP and a 1.1MW AD facility;
- advising developers in connection with project to develop 10MW EfW gasification plant in North London. Advice included project finance structuring, site acquisition and planning, feedstock and offtake (including PPA) matters, EPC and O&M negotiations, and funding agreements in respect of the project;
- advising several feedstock providers in connection with RDF and SRF production and supply agreements for existing energy from waste facilities, including export arrangements to Europe and Scandinavia;
- advising landowners in connection with joint venture development of sites as energy from waste (EfW) facilities in Humberside. Advice includes property and planning related matters;
- advising M&E contractors in connection with disputes arising out of 70MW EfW project in the North West, including claims arising under FIDIC forms of contract;
- advising gasification project developers in connection with a 10MW EfW scheme in Corby, including project structuring, feedstock contracts, EPC and O&M arrangements, as well as investment agreement matters;
- advice to project developers in Teesside in connection with project to develop 17MW gasification project, including funding structures and joint venture options;
- advising project developers in connection with schemes to develop EfW facilities in Humberside and Teesside, including site acquisition, project structuring, feedstock and technology provision and bankability review.
For further details, please get in touch.