THE Leeds office of leading North law firm Ward Hadaway has been shortlisted for four industry awards.
Collaboration is becoming an increasingly popular way for companies to develop new products, expand into new markets and diversify their operations.
However, whilst two heads may be better than one, how do you ensure that your interests in any joint venture are protected? What happens if you need to withdraw for whatever reason?
The difficulties embodied in such questions mean that clear, pragmatic legal advice based on real experience is a must when it comes to joint ventures, and creating bespoke solutions to address your needs. This is what we offer.
Our team regularly advises on both national and international joint ventures, and takes a business-oriented approach to helping clients achieve their objectives whilst ensuring appropriate safeguards are put in place.
Getting the right local advice can be crucial to international joint ventures. We are part of an international group of law firms and consultants, Geneva Group International (GGI), so that we can offer true global coverage and co-ordinated advice on cross-border joint ventures, whether it’s establishing a new manufacturing base abroad or breaking into an overseas market.
We provide a complete service, from helping choose the right form of joint venture through to drafting, negotiating and completing all the necessary documentation, whatever the jurisdiction and whatever the business.
We also advise upon the full range of legal issues which can arise when setting up a joint venture, including intellectual property protection and exploitation, employment, regulatory, competition and other commercial contract issues. We also act on restructuring and terminating joint ventures when they cease to be required or circumstances change.
Our services for joint ventures includes advice on:
- Advising you about the due diligence to carry out in potential joint venutre partners
- Collaboration and informal partnering agreements
- Contractual and incorporated joint ventures for product development
- International joint ventures
- Joint ventures for property investors and developers
- Restructuring and terminating of joint ventures
- Tax advice on investment
Our experience includes:
- A joint venture between an innovative business and an NHS Trust to facilitate the development of a range of innovative health specific products
- A joint venture between two overseas organisations in the metals recovery sector
- A joint venture for a training venture in Indonesia
- A joint venture for the oil and gas sector in Brazil
- A joint venture for the oil and gas sector in Libya
- A joint venture to create a company to exploit a subsea drilling technology
- A series of joint ventures for the establishment of a series of companies to operate anaerobic digestor facilities across the UK
To choose the right legal partner for your venture, please get in touch.