THE Leeds office of leading North law firm Ward Hadaway has been shortlisted for four industry awards.
Ensuring you have the right IT in place for current and future demands whilst keeping a lid on costs is a difficult balance to achieve.
Having found the right solution, you then need a contract which won’t overburden the supplier or leave the customer without an effective remedy if things don’t go to plan.
What’s more, the ever-increasing proliferation of data, the need to ensure that information about customers, employees and partners is kept secure and the legal restrictions on data export and processing mean that getting it wrong can seriously damage a company’s reputation, as well as hitting it in the pocket.
Our expert Information Technology team is able to steer you along the right path with a practical, commercial approach.
We can offer you a wealth of experience, whether you are a customer purchasing or updating an IT system or a supplier of IT products and services, having helped customers and suppliers ranging from large multi-nationals to owner-managed firms.
The team has been at the forefront of advising on legal aspects of licensing and developing new technologies and has significant experience in working with hi-tech businesses and cloud-provision of software, platforms and IT infrastructure as well as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and apps.
When it comes to data protection and privacy, we have one of the country’s leading experts in the field to keep you right up to speed with current thinking and help you to steer clear of potential pitfalls.
We can also advise on business continuity and disaster recovery contracts. You may even need advice on exiting a contract, should the worst happen.
And in an area which can become bogged down with jargon and technical terms, we work hard to give you the best advice in plain English.
Our services include advice on:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) agreements and policies
- Channel (reseller) arrangements and structures
- Cloud licensing – software (SaaS), platform (PaaS), infrastructure (IaaS)
- Database and database schema licensing
- Disaster recovery (DR)/Business continuity planning (BCP) agreements
- IT consultancy framework agreements
- Managed services agreements
- Software and app licences
- Software / hardware acquisition and maintenance / support agreements
- Software, web or app development agreements
- Telecoms customer and reseller agreements
- Telecoms network agreements
- White labelling agreements
For more details on how we can help you, please get in touch.