Steven Petrie – decisive, engaging and constructive.
Our team of legal experts – one of the largest in the North – work with insolvency practitioners throughout the country, across a range of different instructions, often involving complex and challenging scenarios.
Focusing on your specific requirements we have significant experience across the full insolvency and restructuring spectrum – personal and corporate insolvency, pre and post appointment work, turnaround and restructuring, transactions, litigation, finance and much more.
We also recognise that in some formal appointments, there may be insufficient assets to meet costs as the case progresses. We are often able to work on a speculative basis or put in place innovative alternative funding packages to make sure that our insolvency practitioner clients get the expert advice they need, even if funds are limited.
We understand the insolvency and restructuring sector with a team specialises purely in this area. We also understand the regulatory framework in which insolvency practitioners operate, with partner Jane Garvin being JIEB qualified.
So when you need instant expert advice, along with swift, robust resources, we’re on hand to help.
- Advisory – whether it is advising the business or the directors on their duties, we work with businesses of all shapes and sizes that are in distress (alongside insolvency practitioners and other advisors) with a view to stabilising, rescuing and if neccessary restructuring the business.
- Appointments – including administration and receiver appointments.
- Transactions – including restructurings, pre-liquidation sales, pre-packs, post appointment sale of assets and/or businesses.
- Post appointment trading – including funding arrangements, contracts, employment and property issues, health and safety or regulatory advice, retention of title.
- Bankruptcies – realisation of assets (including possession and sale of properties), annulments.
- Investigation and asset recovery – investigations, orders for delivery up, Insolvency Act applications to obtain information and documents, realising assets based outside of the UK.
- Litigation – office holder claims, construction disputes
- Office holder assistance – Insolvency procedure, remuneration applications, data protection matters