I have worked with Jane Garvin over many years. Jane responds quickly with straightforward practical advice, even in stressful environments, allowing the directors to understand and become more comfortable with the challenges and their actions quickly.
Jane acts for a wide range of stakeholders in the insolvency process including insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, creditors, directors, landlords, businesses, individual debtors, charities and public sector bodies and has been involved with a number of high profile insolvencies.
Jane’s experience includes:-
- Providing advice to directors of financially distressed businesses across numerous sectors on their duties, options and how to deal with problems and obstacles that the business encounters along the way;
- Restructuring, turnaround and refinancing;
- Buying and selling insolvent businesses;
- Advising secured and unsecured creditors on recovery strategies;
- Working for (and with) insolvency practitioners and other professional advisors on all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency, from getting control of and realising assets to pursuing formal claims and litigation;
- Dealing with the formal appointment of administrators, receivers and liquidators;
- Advising businesses, individuals, charities and public sector bodies that find themselves having to deal with companies that are financially distressed or insolvent on the legal and commercial implications.
Jane is recognised in national legal directories, Chambers and Partners and Legal 500. In 2008, Jane successfully undertook the Joint Insolvency Examination Board exams, the exams needed to become a licenced insolvency practitioner. She earned the Insolvency Lawyers award (for the highest marks in the country achieved by a lawyer) and PWC award (for the second highest marks in the country overall) in the process. Jane is also a member of the Insolvency Lawyers Association and R3.