Our Local Authority round up provides brief summaries of topical information on a weekly basis, to keep you aware of the changes and updates relevant to you.
Tim leads multi-disciplinary teams to deliver a variety of projects for public sector clients, involving, amongst other areas, property, employment and construction. His work has included:
- Advising groups of schools on conversion to Multi-Academy Trust status, as well as advising multi academy trusts when taking on new schools
- Advising a number of NHS Trusts across the country on their PFI schemes, including variations and PFI disputes
- advising South Tees Development Corporation on the establishment of Teesworks, a joint venture to develop and regenerate the former steel works at Redcar
- Advising airport and port clients on the application of the utilities procurement regulations
- advising South Tees Development Corporation on the procurement of a £150 million demolition framework.
- Advising Local Partnerships on the creation of an initiative to enable local authorities to contract with SME housebuilders to acquire micro housing developments
- Advising an NHS Trust on the procurement of a catering and cleaning outsourcing contract with a value of approximately £80 million
- Advising in relation to the merger of two independent schools
- Advising a number of public sector clients on managing procurement challenges
- Advising a joint venture between a university and a local authority on an agreement relating to the development of a district energy scheme
- Advising a number of public sector clients on the establishment of trading subsidiaries
- Advising education clients on issues relating to the admission and exclusion of pupils