They are sensible, grounded, approachable, friendly, intelligent. Steven Roper’s knowledge of a few of our client contracts (and the behaviour of these clients) is excellent. The advice we receive takes into consideration the whole picture and any possible implications we may need to be aware of. We also engage Judy Baker regularly in relation to data privacy advice and she is extremely professional and has a wealth of knowledge.
Notable commercial contracting projects Steven has advised upon include:
- Acting for a market-leading PLC in the negotiation of a long-term outsourced services, valued at over £300m
- Acting for a prominent local manufacturer in relation to a long-term multi-million pound contract dealing with the supply of high-tech electronics components
- Acting for a leading local manufacturer in relation to the establishment of an international network of agents
Steven’s relevant experience in the business governance and reorganisations includes:
- Advising an international manufacturing and engineering group in relation to a multi-jurisdictional group re-organisation
- Carrying out a complex re-structure of a business initially established as an enterprise development agency
- Acting for a leading financial services organisation in relation to the re-organisation of their group of LLPs
- Acting for two directors of a successful marine engineering group in relation to the settlement of shareholder dispute, and a subsequent sale and re-organisation of equity within the group
Steven also specialises in pensions matters, in particular in relation to public sector pensions, advising both admitted bodies and administering authorities. He has acted for a number of years as a lead adviser on the firm’s engagement as retained legal adviser to a large local government pension scheme.