Very practical and has very strong experience in non-contentious work.
Paul also advises on the terms of contracts and appointments and their negotiation, using both the range of published standard and also bespoke forms, together with ancillary documents such as warranties, bonds, novations, and parent company guarantees.
The areas of construction and engineering Paul has been involved include all types of power generation, highway construction, civil engineering, site remidiation, hospitals, open cast and deep mining, waste management facilities, railway engineering, docks and ports, processing engineering, mechanical and electrical services, hotel development, drainage and flood protection, museums and visitor centres, sports stadia, education, residential and commercial development.
Paul has acted in relation to the following:
- University of Newcastle
- Park View Student Village
- Heathrow Terminal 5
- Canadian Embassy Kaboul
- Sill Project Visitors Centre
- Newburn Culvert Reconstruction
- A number of wind farms and waste to power facilities
- Hotel Chain construction in Newcastle and Durham
- NHS Trusts, Schools and Tertiary Education Facilities throughout the UK.