Edward is a partner in the Employment team, based in Leeds, and has over 16 years' specialist experience in employment law.
He conducts his own advocacy and regularly represents clients in Employment Tribunals throughout the country which has included hearings of up to 20 days in length.
He has also represented clients at the Employment Appeal Tribunals in London and Scotland and been the instructing solicitor in several Court of Appeal cases
Edward has prepared and delivered award-winning bespoke employment law training nationally and regularly advises on all aspects of employment and industrial relations work, as well as high value breach of contract and restrictive covenant claims.
Edward has extensive knowledge of:
- the transport sector, having advised household name bus, coach and haulage companies throughout the country;
- the healthcare sector, having advised several NHS Foundation Trusts, a Primary Care Trust, an Ambulance Trust and a domiciliary care services provider
- Successfully defending a discrimination claim at an Employment Tribunal hearing which was listed for 20 days;
- Successfully defending an Employment Tribunal discrimination claim valued at over £2 million;
- Successfully representing a Chief Executive in a claim of constructive unfair dismissal against one of the largest private equity companies in the world;
- Closing the final salary pension scheme of a Plc;
- Successfully preventing calls for industrial action by a Trade Union including through obtaining interim injunctions;
- Advising a multi-channel retailer on a national restructure affecting 5 sites including redundancies and changes to terms and conditions of employment of retained employees;
- Advising on the outsourcing of a payroll function for over 100,000 employees; and
- Obtaining an injunction to prevent an ex-employee acting in breach of restrictive covenants.