Video: Agile working – the legal impact of managing a post-pandemic workforce
14th July, 2021
One of the outcomes of the pandemic is the effect it could have on the workplace of the future.
As part of a series of events looking at this, Ward Hadaway ran a free webinar for senior managers and people teams exploring the legal impact of what it means for employers – “Agile working – the legal impact of managing a post-pandemic workforce”.
Employment experts Paul Scope, Gillian Chinhengo and Claire Turner look specifically at the legal implications of managing an agile workforce, covering questions such as:
- How do you maintain an appropriate culture?
- What can you do with regard to monitoring your workforce?
- What are your responsibilities when it comes to looking after the physical and mental health of employees?
- How flexible can you be without creating precedent?
- How do you manage underperformance?
- How to ensure a level playing field without losing the benefits of agile working patterns?
- What compliance issues do you have?
- Is there a legal right to work from home?
- How should I deal with employees who raise health and safety concerns about coming into work?
- How do I manage a fair response to the wide range of flexible working requests?
- Should I phase a return to work to mitigate impending child care issues, given that the return to work coincides with the summer holidays?
Please note that this briefing is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.
This page may contain links that direct you to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.